For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and UK data protection laws, the controller is Cockfosters Cricket Club (the “Club”) of Chalk Lane, Cockfosters, Hertfordshire, EN4 9JG
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
· Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website, when you provide information via the Club’s management software or team availability/selection system, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you renew your membership or participate in club teams);
· From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example a family member or your cricket coach who has provided us with your contact details for that purpose);
· From medical practitioners;
· From the ECB (for example, via Play-Cricket database or where the ECB passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about our Club).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
· Contact and communications information, including your contactdetails (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you) and other membership form details;
· Financial information, including Direct Debit details;
· Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making use of the Club facilities).
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend Club courses, matches or social events.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
· Administration of your Club membership, including:
o informing you about Club matches and social events;
o taking payment of membership fees;
· Research and statistical analysis about who is playing cricket in our Club;
· Communication about our Club activities that we think may be of interest to you;
where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in increasing use of our Club’s facilities and participation in the game generally);
· Promoting our Club and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, equipment suppliers, operators of coaching courses, and organisers of cricket matches) where we think this will be of interest to you;
where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), and/or where we have your consent, as applicable.
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
· Our volunteers, for the purposes of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits to which you are entitled.
· The ECB, County Cricket Board(s) and Leagues who support the programmes the Club has registered for.
· Team captains, coaches and other volunteers for administrating matches and training sessions.
How long your information is kept
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is reasonable and necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We shall retain your personal data for such time as you are registered with the Club as a member.
Three years after you cease to be a member of the Club or play an active part in the Club, we shall delete your data.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
· by email: email@example.com; or
· by telephone: 07748 665212
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website:www.ico.org.uk.